There are three options for acquiring a recorder to use this year. Any of the three options are perfectly acceptable. Whichever option works best for your family is just fine.
Option #1: BRING a Recorder from Home
- Many 5th & 6th grade students will still have their recorders from last year. They are welcome to use this instrument again.
- Bring your recorder to school on the first day of recorder work.
- Please do not purchase recorders from Fred Meyer or the Dollar Store. If you need a new instrument, please choose options 2 or 3.
Option #2: Buy a New Recorder
- Students may purchase a new Peripole Soprano recorder from the school. The cost of recorders will be $6 in 2016-2017. Please send $6 to school with your child.
- New recorders may be used for all three years at OPE.
- New recorders will come with a blue zippered case. Student names will be engraved into new recorders and marked on cases.
Option #3: Check out a Loaner Recorder
- Students may check out loaners from the school for use during the year.
- There is no cost to use a loaner instrument.
- Recorders need to be returned at the end of the school year.
- Lost recorders will carry a replacement charge of $5.00