Beginning Band Goals
Our beginning band classes at OPE serve fifth grade students in their first year of playing their instrument. Currently, beginning band rehearses twice per week on Mondays and Wednesdays. Class goals include:
- Instrument assembly, care, and maintenance
- Producing a quality sound characteristic of the instrument
- Reading and performing from musical notation
- Playing music using the notes of the concert Bb major scale
- Performing in concerts three times per year.
Still considering which instrument you'd like to play? This helpful video from the United States Army Field Band describes the various instruments of the band. Beginning students at OPE are welcome to play:
- French Horn*
*with teacher permission - please contact Mr. Wilkins
Weekly Practice Report
At least 60 minutes of home practice is required for participation in band. Please use this form to document your participation and turn it in every Monday during band.